Tuesday, April 21, 2009

unexpedted

It was, yet again a quiet and a peaceful night. I was sitting by the window, staring into the night, amazed by the beauty of the moonlight. It is no doubt, the mistress of the night. Then, brutally, the silence was wretched by the sound of barking and snarling dogs accompanied by weird sounds.

“They are coming. Quick! To the back door! Anita, take Lucy with you!” my father cried desperately. “Now go! I’ll be fine.” He smiled, uncertainly. Then lead us outside, quickly.

Minutes after father closed the doors, I heard shouts. Then gunshots. I started to cry. But my mother remained strong. The back door burst opened. My heart skipped a beat when a person came through.

My eyes were filled with tears of joy as I realized that it was my father. My mother rushed to him and hugged him. My father hugged back. Everything was going to be fine until I heard another gunshot. This time nearer.

I screamed. My mother screamed. My father was falling backwards. Blood seeped through his shirt, dripping onto the ground.

Then everything went black.

Flashbacks of those thoughts were stopped when I heard that repetitive, loud noises. Without wasting another second of my time, I rushed outside of the house using the back door. Hoping that they weren’t there.

I opened the door and…

“SURPRISED!!!” everyone shouted. Everyone, my mother, my father, my friends, my neighbors…

“Happy 15th birthday Lucy!” my mother and father said. With that, I burst out crying.

“ Oh no. See, I told you we over did it. Lucy, we’re sorry. We over did it.” One of my friend said. I ignored her and went hugging everyone, saying thank you to them.

4 comments: